I saw this doily dress idea posted on Pinterest from this blog: http://paperpaws.blogspot.com/2012/05/doily-dress-folds-tutorial.html and I decided I would adapt to suit our Stampin’ Up needs! And, I love the result!
OK, so on to the instructions! For each dress you will need 1 1/4 doilies. This will make sense as you see the instructions.
- Fold your Tea Lace Doily almost in half as shown below.
- Then fold along the straight edge almost in half again.
- At the tip of your triangle, fold down so you get about a 3/4 inch line at the top. Attach this underneath the dress with your adhesive.
- Using another doily, attach 1/4 of a doily to a piece of Whisper White cardstock. Using the Sweetheart Punch, punch out a heart with the lacy part being the top of the heart.
- Once punched, trim down the sides of the heart to create your bodice. Where the sides come down should be about 3/4 inch to match the top of the dress.
- Attach your bodice to the back of the dress bottom using your adhesive. Using 1/4 inch cotton ribbon, in this case Blushing Bride, hide your seam by attaching behind your dress.
- Add a sash using the same ribbon and attach a rhinestone! Dress done!
- I used the Wink of Stella Clear Brush on top of the dress to give it a nice little sparkle to go with the rhinestones. Perfect little wedding card!
Here’s what you’ll need:
140658 Birthday Blooms Clear Mount Stamp Set ($19.00)
131198 Blushing Bride Cardstock ($7.00)
100730 Whisper White Cardstock ($8.50)
131172 Blushing Bride Classic Stampin’ Pad ($6.50)
120906 2 1/2 inch Circle Punch ($18.00)
137417 Flower Medallion Punch ($18.00)
137364 Happy Hearts Textured Embossing Folder ($7.50)
113439 Big Shot ($110.00)
119246 Rhinestone Basic Jewels ($5.00)
134558 Blushing Bride 1/4 inch Cotton Ribbon ($6.00)
129399 Tea Lace Paper Doilies ($3.00)
141897 Clear Wink of Stella Brush ($8.00)
104430 Stampin’ Dimensionals ($4.00)