OK, let me just me honest with you for one quick second…the colors in Stampin’ Up’s Botanical Gardens suite are totally not my jam: Cajun Craze, Hello Honey, and Mossy Meadow! I only had the Cajun Craze ink because I won it at an upline event or else it may not even BE in my collection. That being said…this set does make a beautiful card especially if you get the entire bundle. The bundle comes with the Designer Series Paper, Botanical Blooms Photopolymer Stamp Set, and the Botanical Builders Framelits Dies. All for $51.75, which then qualifies you for a FREE item from Sale-A-Bration since you’re over $50. Anyways…on to the card!
Here’s my finished project. Start to finish, with these totally awesome Botanical Builders Dies in less than a half hour! So let’s get started!
You will need:
140625 Botanical Builders Framelits Dies ($33.00) and 140583 Botanical Gardens Designer Series Paper ($11.00) or you can just purchase the bundle which includes all you need plus the Stamp Set which you may enjoy later! 140819 Botanical Blooms Photopolymer Bundle ($51.75)
140584 Botanical Gardens Cardstock Pack ($7.00) includes 8 sheets each of Hello Honey, Mossy Meadow and Cajun Craze
138392 Metallic Foil Doilies ($4.00)
140712 Suite Sayings Clear Mount Stamp Set ($21.00)
119246 Rhinestone Basic Jewels ($5.00)
133782 2″ Circle Punch ($18.00)
- I like to start by cutting all my paper. Mossy Meadow needs cut to card size: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. You need two different pieces of the Designer Series Paper, 1 cut 1 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ and one cut 2 3/4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Next, grab your Mossy Meadow cardstock and head over to your Big Shot (I didn’t tell you you needed a Big Shot, you say. I guess I just assumed you already had one, but if you don’t you do indeed need a Big Shot or something similar to cut your shapes out!) Using the long stem, place on the short end of the cardstock. Be sure the center-cut-out leaves are facing to the inside of the card as shown in the photo or you won’t be left with a fun edge on your card!
- Then, cut out your flowery shapes. One of my favorite tips using the Big Shot is that if you’re using different dies and different colors you can cut at the same time! That’s a total time-saver for me, especially when I’m making many cards at the same time.
- Stamp your sentiment on the Cajun Craze Cardstock and punch out using the 2″ circle punch.
- Now we are ready to assemble! Shorter piece of DSP goes inside the card to show through the stem’s cut-out leaves. Fatter piece of DSP goes on the front of the card. Attach the doily to the back of the 2″ circle and attach that to the card base. Then glue on your flowers paying careful attention to “fluff” out the petals so it gets a little more 3D look to it! Then stick on your rhinestones to the flower centers and wah-lah…you’re done!
Can’t wait to bring this set back to you in some different colors, too! Can you imagine what some Rich Razzleberry and Calypso Coral would bring to this set????